It may take a lot of courage to seek out help. As well as finding someone whom you feel you could trust and build a relationship with it is also important to find someone who is well trained.
My initial training was in Occupational Therapy before moving into Psychological Therapy. I spent 20 years in N.H.S. mental health services gaining substantial experience with a wide cross-section of people.
I then decided to do further training and qualified in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy from wpf, one of the leading training organisations in Counselling and Psychotherapy. It is a rigorous training combining clinical and academic components alongside continuous personal analytical psychotherapy. I am licensed to practice twice weekly.
I have 10 years' experience working in counselling agencies in London and Tunbridge Wells and am also a trained Cruse Bereavement volunteer.
I am a member of:
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP),
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC),
and adhere to the ethics of these organisations.
- My member organisation is The Foundation for Counselling and Psychotherapy (FPC).
- I am committed to continued professional development to increase my knowledge and skills, and have regular supervision.
- I am covered by professional indemnity insurance.